Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Interconnectedness of Life

Native American wisdom about the interconnectedness of all life


Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

Chief Seattle






(for more wisdom information on a multi-level and diverse resource center: experiencefestival.com)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My thoughts:
Whatever I do I must make sure my actions and thoughts are with logic, reasoning, science, an open mind, feeling of and need to be connected with society to gain tolerance and learn not to be indifferent, which develops a newness of faith/essence to inner being... bringing all sides (and other levels) together before acting upon anything in haste. These are but just small fractions of des colores. How one looks at a prism and interprets the colors therein and out as light refracts is a precious thing never to misuse.


I was once told never to pray for patience because once one did so, trials and tribulations and going through the fire to be refined would be the process of gaining patience. Well, I still prayed for patience and what was discovered.... Patience really is a virtue.

What "thread" am I... or shall I ask what color fragment of the prism are we all? Looking beyond gray is a beautiful element of expanding the mind beyond the mere small part we were told we could use.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Random quotes to start my morning:


"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now." -- William Penn


"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." -- Horace Mann

"A day is a span of time no one is wealthy enough to waste." -- Anon

"One day, with life and heart, is more than time enough to find a world." -- James Russell Lowell


Favorite quote of the day:

"Time is
Too slow for those who wait,
Too swift for those who fear,
Too long for those who grieve,
Too short for those who rejoice.
But for those who love, time is not."
-- Henry van Dyke


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: