Monday, June 08, 2009

Festival foods

I happened to notice some guys in a truck getting ready to set up their vending booth at Americade in Lake George.... I stopped and talked with them a little bit and asked if I could photo their setting up process and Mr. Brown said sure. So I quickly found a parking spot and walked on over to try to find them. Thankfully I didn't have to go very far since they happened to set up near the entry point that I walked into.

After talking with these guys a little bit I discovered that Mr. Brown and his wife (wife not in photos, she was training for a new job elsewhere) travel to various festival like activities in and around upstate NY and sell "Cajun" foods. He also gives teaching classes for some dishes... neither of them are Cajuns but the food taste good and they are some really nice folks! Mr. Brown comes from a family of Portuguese descent and like he said... "much of the foods are similar with Cajun foods".

So if you happen to be in the area and see his Cajun Catering booth... try some!

I had to go to work and didn't have much time so he fixed me a breakfast sandwich with egg, sasuage and sweet sesame roll and cheese... mmmm mmmm mmmmm. Boy I tell ya, it was good!

He has a site set up with a schedule of where you can find them at upcoming events along with information about private classes to learn how to cook Cajun and Portuguese foods!

Here is a link to his site Chef Kevin Brown

No comments: